Friday, April 30, 2010

Hey guys, I have been having trouble with my forehand at tennis, especially the inconsistency. Advice please?

Does anyone know what this wrist assist or raquet bracket thing is like which helps keep your wrist in position? I used to be much better that I am now but I had a pretty bad injury and didn't play for like 3 years and seem to have picked up loads of bad habits with my forehand. I'm pretty sure the take back loop isn't consistent enough and I have been trying to use the ball machine to sort but doesn't really seem to be working. Its really frustrating me. CheersHey guys, I have been having trouble with my forehand at tennis, especially the inconsistency. Advice please?
The only advice I can give you is try to make every stroke finish in the same position. Although tennis is about constantly making adjustments, you want to make the stroke as consistent as possible. Also, videotape yourself so you can watch what you are doing on your forehand now, and if you have a tape from 3 years ago (or just watch a pro's forehand) watch what you are doing differently. The more you practice, the better you'll get. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment